Job Opening – Site Supervisor
Posted September 08, 2017
Skilled Tradesman / Working Foreman / Site Supervisor
Can you work as part of a team to deliver great quality construction projects, on time and on budget? If that’s a yes, then Make would love to hear from you. We are a small-but-growing design-led architecture and building company based in the Bristol and Bath area. We pride ourselves on delivering projects we and our clients can be proud of.
To do this, we recruit the best talent and endeavour to provide an environment in which they can flourish, whether they be direct staff, consultants or tradespeople. Since Make started in 2015, we have grown steadily and are now looking to expand our operational team to help manage the increasing number of projects going to site this year.
As a result, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced tradesperson with an interest in site supervision to join our team. Based on site, alongside hands-on practical work, you will be responsible for the daily management of high-end residential or commercial projects, reporting to the Make Directors.
The role will include:
- Undertaking practical construction work on site as projects require.
- Maintaining a safe, secure and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- On-site management of all subcontractors and all site tradespeople; monitoring and controlling performance.
- Responsibility for maintaining and reporting on site progress to the Directors.
- Coordination of all deliveries, ordering materials and supplier liaison.
- Management of quality on site, ensuring Make’s exceptional standards are achieved.
- Collating and completing all site paperwork.
- Management of design on site.
- Daily communication with the clients and designer.
- Creating a positive atmosphere on site.
- Maintaining extremely high standards of site cleanliness and appearance.
- Visiting multiple smaller projects on a daily basis.
For an ambitious individual looking to progress, there is potential in the longer term to develop the role into site management and beyond.
What we are looking for:
Make is founded in the values of friendship and honesty; our team and our clients will tell you this is reflected in everything we do. This begins with building trust with our clients, and ensuring we deliver at a fixed price, on time and at high quality.
As the successful candidate will be the daily point of contact for our clients, it is crucial that those applying can demonstrate high levels of professionalism, great communication skills, and be personable.
Our new site supervisor will be responsible for ensuring we maintain the high standards demanded of a Chartered Building Company. To do this, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate, or have experience of, paying attention to detail, quality management, supply management, leadership, delegation, problem-solving and time-management skills. In an environment with deadlines, where occasional unexpected hiccups and challenges can appear, the ability to do all of the above with a sense of humour and whilst maintaining calm under pressure is essential.
Whilst training can be provided for the right individual, it would be beneficial if you already hold the following:
- CSCS Accreditation
- SMSTS (5-day Health & Safety)
- First Aid at Work
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of office suite
It is essential you:
- Hold a valid full UK driving licence
- Have the right to work in the UK
The map above shows our typical geographical coverage. To reduce travelling and to ensure we can cover a number of projects concurrently, it is important you live within this area to apply for the role.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a covering letter, with references and details of previous project experience to email@example.com.