Despite these challenging times, we are in the fortunate position of planning for further recruitment. The first role we are looking to fill is that of a business and brand manager.
Who are we?
We are Make, a creative construction business based in Bristol. We work across the South West and occasionally a little further afield.
Make was started to create a happy place to work where everyone has an equal voice and a shared vision to deliver buildings we can be proud of. We would like someone who can relate to the above to join us in a business and brand development role and contribute to the positive business we have built.
It is very important to us that we don’t morph into being a conventional contractor, we work hard to make sure our work environment and working practices push the boundaries of traditional contractors.
We have a very secure business with work already secured beyond the next year. We understand the market we work within, we work to our strengths and continue to look for sustainable growth over the coming years. This is where you come in.
What are we looking for?
The job title is up for grabs, but in simple terms we are looking for someone to oversee our business development, marketing strategy and to manage the Make brand.
The principle part of the role will be to help grow and diversify the business. Our target is to double in size over the next 2 years, and your role will be to build the relationships and find the opportunities to make this happen.
As a small business we have the flexibility to adapt the role to suit your skills, above all we are looking for the right type of personality to join our team for the longer term and to grow with the business.
Things we think you will be responsible for:
- Selling us and winning more work.
- Our marketing strategy.
- Building upon and broadening our relationships with subcontractors, consultants and clients.
- Overseeing our internal performance reviews of our supply chain.
- Our social media output and marketing materials.
- Managing our website development and content.
- Preparing graphics and bid submissions alongside our project teams.
This isn’t a narrow role, in addition to the above we are seeking someone who is able to roll their sleeves up and help us improve, wherever that may be within the business.
It is vitally important that whoever joins us brings energy and positivity to the work atmosphere. This role especially will require great communication and person skills, and whilst we can see past your experience and training, you must be able to demonstrate these traits.
We believe this is a full time role and will be based in our Bristol office. Although given the role, it is expected that a significant amount of time will be spent meeting people. This will be an interesting challenge in the current circumstances.
This role is open to people with any level of experience. Obviously, if you can demonstrate past experience in a similar role, in the construction industry, and have some great graphic and sales skills that would put you in a great position.
To consider this role you will hopefully:
- Find communicating with people easy.
- Have great verbal and writing skills.
- Know your way around adobe design suite.
- Be able to use a phone to talk to someone (this is actually quite hard to find).
- Be confident in visiting sites, potential clients and attending networking events.
- Know a little about construction, although we can help build your knowledge.
- Be able to develop a sound strategy to winning more work and helping us grow the business.
We are not looking for someone to just make cold calls on our behalf, although no doubt that will be involved, you will be able to take the lead, prepare a strategy and actually see it through. This is why we envisage you will have 5 years of similar experience, although we are happy for you to convince us otherwise if you think you are best suited to the role.
Whilst we are happy to support any training needs, it is expected you will already have a degree or similar training in a related field. You will need to be able to drive and have your own vehicle.
What we can offer?
We like to think we have created a creative, rewarding and enjoyable work environment for everyone at Make. Maintaining this will be a challenge through this period and your role will be central to the development of our culture.
Upon joining us you will receive:
- A mutually agreeable salary.
- A Nest pension scheme, currently with a 5% employer contribution.
- A MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- Make branded clothing.
- Business travel expenses.
- Financial support and incentive towards professional accreditations.
- Annual professional subscription allowance.
- A bespoke and well-funded training plan.
- Regular social and professional events.
- A modern working environment.
- The flexibility to manage your own time.
Is this you?
If the role sounds of interest and you believe you fulfil the criteria we are looking for, we would love to hear from you. This bit is crucial, we would ask that you return the following with your application:
- A covering letter explaining your suitability for the role, a taster of how you would go about the role and finally a bit about you.
- A current CV tailored to show how it fits with this role.
Any applications received without a covering letter will be discounted. If you have any further questions please call Michael on 078 4175 3883 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck with your application, we look forward to hearing from you.