MAKE PROJECT MANAGER
Formed in 2013, we are a creative construction business based in Bristol. We work across the South West, generally within two hours from our base.
MAKE was started to create a happy place to work where everyone has an equal voice and a shared vision to deliver buildings we can be proud of. We would like someone who can relate to the above to join us in a Project Manager role and contribute to the positive business we have built.
It is very important to us that we don’t morph into being a conventional contractor, we work hard to make sure our work environment and working practices push the boundaries of traditional contractors.
We have a very secure business with work already secured beyond the next year. We understand the market we work within, we work to our strengths and continue to look for sustainable growth over the coming years.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
All of our sites have a full time Site Manager who is responsible for overseeing the day to day delivery of a project.
We are looking for a Project Manager to oversee a number of concurrent projects and provide direction and support to the site team.
This role will combine working in the Bristol office with visiting our sites. You will be responsible for the ultimate success of the projects allocated to you and for nurturing the Site Managers.
In brief this role will involve:
- Ensuring our projects are safe and to a high quality.
- Overseeing the Site Managers, providing support, guidance and direction as necessary.
- Preparing and managing the project programme.
- Overseeing a number of concurrent projects, regularly visiting each site.
- Liaising with our commercial teams.
- Reporting on progress to the Directors.
- Taking an active role in client liaison, managing all progress meetings and client team relationships.
- Ensuring the projects are handed over smoothly and in good time.
- Where necessary rolling your sleeves up to help on site.
In addition the core site role, you will also be asked to help with work winning, tendering and helping us to grow the company.
Your role will be to dictate the atmosphere across our sites and to set the standards, it is therefore vitally important that you have prior experience, have fantastic communication skills, have the ability to think differently and have the ambition to grow with the business.
You will live within a reasonable commute to Bristol and will be willing and able to travel between our projects as necessary.
It is expected that you shall already have obtained the relevant qualifications and accreditations to undertake the role. As a minimum you should:
- Have a relevant qualification (to either degree or NVQ level 6) or have significant experience of working on building sites in either a trade or management role.
- Have the relevant CSCS card.
- Have passed an SMSTS or NESBOSH course.
- Hold a current 3 day First Aid at Work certificate.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence and provide your own vehicle.
You will have been responsible for the delivery of a number of high quality building projects in either a Site or Project Management role, with at least 10 years’ experience. You will be looking to take the step up from the daily management of building sites, to a more senior management role overlooking a number of concurrent projects.
It is important to us that you appreciate that whilst this is a management role, you will be willing to roll your sleeves up when necessary to help get the job done. No one at MAKE is too important to make a cup of tea, pick up a brush or muck in for the greater good. You need to demonstrate you share these values.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
MAKE want to create a place where people want to work, and aim to provide a creative, rewarding and enjoyable environment.
Upon joining us you will receive:
- A mutually agreeable salary.
- A Nest pension scheme.
- A Macbook, iPhone and iPad.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- MAKE branded clothing.
- Business travel expenses.
- Financial support and incentive towards MCIOB.
- Annual professional subscription allowance.
- A bespoke and well-funded training plan.
- In normal times regular social and professional events.
- A modern working environment.
- The flexibility to manage your own time.
- A clear route of progression beyond site based management.
IS THIS YOU?
If the above sounds of interest, we would love to hear from you.
We would ask that you return the following to MikeTeeling@makegroup.co.uk:
- A covering letter explaining your suitability for the role and a bit about you.
- A current CV and details of projects worked on.
This is really important – any applications that fail to include all of the above shall be discounted. If you have any further questions please call Michael on 07841753883. Good luck with your application.