MAKE QUANTITY SURVEYOR
At MAKE, we love what we do. We have built a special workplace and have created a niche in developing high quality, complex residential buildings.
Formed in 2013, we are a creative construction business based in Bristol. We work across the South West, Oxfordshire and Berkshire – generally within two hours from our base.
MAKE was started to create a happy place to work where everyone has an equal voice and a shared vision to deliver buildings we can be proud of. We would like someone who can relate to the above to join us in a Quantity Surveyor role and contribute to the positive business we have built.
It is very important to us that we don’t morph into being a conventional contractor, we work hard to make sure our work environment and working practices push the boundaries of traditional contractors.
We have a very secure business with work already secured beyond the next year. We understand the market we work within, we work to our strengths and continue to look for sustainable growth over the coming years.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A Quantity Surveyor, ideally with at least 1 year experience as either a trainee or assistant to join our team of Surveyors.
Working alongside our Commercial Manager and Directors, you will be responsible for the surveying role on a number of concurrent projects. A full job description can be provided but in summary includes:
- Estimating and tendering of projects.
- Buying of materials and supplies.
- Procurement of trades and specialists.
- Contract administration and cost control of projects.
- General administration.
- Providing site cover and support as necessary.
We want someone who:
- Is excited about the projects we deliver.
- Knows how to talk to people and build relationships.
- Is nice to be around and will add to the positive working environment.
- Understands the importance of getting the finer details right.
- Takes pride in everything they do, including the administration.
Providing you have some experience and a suitable qualification, the main selection criteria will be on how well you communicate and your character.
Whilst you will be relatively new to the industry, you should have a reasonable understanding of the build process and at least 1 years’ experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor within the construction industry.
- Have a relevant qualification (to either degree or NVQ level 6).
- Hold a valid UK driving licence and provide your own vehicle.
- Live within 30 minutes of the MAKE office.
- Be great with people and have excellent communication skills. You need to be comfortable talking to people, we are not looking for a keyboard warrior.
- Have a good eye for detail and appreciate the importance of getting the supporting documentation right.
- Someone who is self-motivated, and can think and work beyond processes and procedures.
- Stating the obvious, a good understanding of basic QS duties, good IT skills and a good knowledge of the construction industry.
Ideally you will also:
- Have the relevant CSCS card.
- Have passed an SMSTS or NESBOSH course.
- Hold a current 3 day First Aid at Work certificate.
However, for the right individual we are able to assist with the above training.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
MAKE has created a place where people want to work; we can provide a creative, rewarding and enjoyable environment.
Upon joining us you will receive:
- A mutually agreeable salary.
- A Nest pension scheme.
- A Macbook, iPhone and iPad.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- MAKE branded clothing.
- Business travel expenses.
- Financial support and incentive towards MCIOB or RICS.
- Annual professional subscription allowance.
- A bespoke and well-funded training plan.
- In regular times, frequent social and professional events.
- A modern working environment.
IS THIS YOU?
If the above sounds of interest, we would love to hear from you.
We would ask that you return the following to MikeTeeling@makegroup.co.uk:
- A covering letter explaining your suitability for the role and a bit about you.
- A current CV and details of projects worked on.
This is really important – any applications that fail to include all of the above shall be discounted. If you have any further questions please call Michael on 07841753883. Good luck with your application.