MAKE SITE MANAGERS
We have a number of exciting projects starting soon and we’re looking to welcome new Site Managers to our team who will take overall responsibility for the delivery of the projects onsite.
At MAKE, we love what we do. We have built a special workplace and have created a niche in developing high quality, complex residential buildings.
Formed in 2013, we are a creative construction business based in Bristol. We work across the South West, Oxfordshire and Berkshire – generally within two hours from our base.
MAKE was started to create a happy place to work where everyone has an equal voice and a shared vision to deliver buildings we can be proud of. We would like someone who can relate to the above to join us in a site manager role and contribute to the positive business we have built.
It is very important to us that we don’t morph into being a conventional contractor, we work hard to make sure our work environment and working practices push the boundaries of traditional contractors.
We have a very secure business with work already secured beyond the next year. We understand the market we work within, we work to our strengths and continue to look for sustainable growth over the coming years.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Site Managers to work on new build and renovation house projects in excess of £1m.
We are always on the look out for Site Managers to take overall responsibility for the delivery of our projects onsite. You will be a confident, self-motivated individual who has a history of delivering projects on site as the senior team member.
Your role will be to dictate the atmosphere on site and to set the standards, it is therefore vitally important that you have prior experience, have fantastic communication skills, have the ability to think differently and have the ambition to grow with the business.
Prior experience as a Site Manager or a Trade role with management experience is crucial.
These are complex projects and you will need to demonstrate a detailed understanding of the role and how to manage a team. We won’t list out the role description any further, it is expected you already know what the role will entail and have the ability to lead, think on your feet and crucially take ownership of the project.
It is important to us that you fit in with the existing team and positive working atmosphere. We are looking for someone with integrity, a positive attitude and a sense of humour.
It is expected that you shall already have obtained the relevant qualifications and accreditations to undertake the role. As a minimum you should have completed or can evidence you will complete prior to starting the role, the following:
- Have a relevant qualification (to either degree or NVQ level 6) or have significant experience of working on building sites in either a trade or management role.
- Have the relevant CSCS card.
- Have passed an SMSTS or NESBOSH course.
- Hold a current 3 day First Aid at Work certificate.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence and provide your own vehicle.
- Have the right to work in the UK and have excellent written and spoken English.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
MAKE want to create a place where people want to work, and aim to provide a creative, rewarding and enjoyable environment.
Upon joining us you will receive:
- A mutually agreeable salary.
- A Nest pension scheme.
- A Macbook, iPhone and iPad.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- Make branded clothing.
- Business travel expenses.
- Financial support and incentive towards MCIOB.
- Annual professional subscription allowance.
- A bespoke and well-funded training plan.
- In regular times, frequent social and professional events.
- A modern working environment.
- The flexibility to manage your own time.
- A clear route of progression beyond site based management.
IS THIS YOU?
If the above sounds of interest, we would love to hear from you.
We would ask that you return the following to MikeTeeling@makegroup.co.uk:
- A covering letter explaining your suitability for the role and a bit about you.
- A current CV and details of projects worked on.
- Confirmation on where you are located and whether you are applying for either the Reading or Bristol based project.
This is really important – any applications that fail to include all of the above shall be discounted. If you have any further questions please call Michael on 07841753883. Good luck with your application.