We are looking for a talented Commercial Manager to join our team and manage our team of surveyors.
We are MAKE; a fun, creative and forward-thinking Bristol based building contractor. Committed to building extraordinary homes, we aspire to challenge traditional construction industry stereotypes, constantly strive to be better and have a great time in the process.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join our team based in the iconic HERE studios in Bristol, where we can offer a work environment that differs from the traditional contractor.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Simply put, we are looking for someone to take ownership of the commercial operations on our build projects. We are looking for someone with:
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience, 2 years of which in a management role.
- The desire and willingness to keep learning and help make us better.
- The ability to lead, take ownership and make decisions; all whilst remaining humble and crucially don’t consider yourself above the people you work with.
- A pride in their work who cares about the details.
- Great communication skills who is respectful, maintains integrity and cares about the people they work with, creating a nice environment to be around.
- The ability to engage with our people and clients and get them to buy into you.
- An enthusiasm for the business we have created, the work we do and wants to grab hold of this opportunity and make it their own.
The key for us is to find the right person; we are flexible on the required qualifications but need to ensure:
- You have the right to work in the UK.
- Have a valid full UK driving licence and your own vehicle, insured for business use.
If you have a relevant professional chartership that would be a bonus as it goes some way towards reinforcing your credentials with our clients, however we can assist with the development of this for the right person.
Given the nature of the role, we would rather hope that you already fully understand the core responsibilities of a commercial manager. For those invited to interview we will make a full job description available, but for the time being we would highlight the following key areas:
- You will work closely with our build director to oversee all commercial aspects of our projects.
- You will have direct line management over our Quantity Surveyors, taking responsibility for their performance and development.
- You will provide the directors with regular, accurate cost and cashflow projections.
- You will work alongside our team to prepare costs and proposals for future projects.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- The ability to work on some really cool projects, that the majority of builders just don’t offer, where you can make a real difference to the client.
- The opportunity to take a senior role within a business with the ability to develop the role as you wish.
- A modern, centrally located office with parking, drinks fridge, pool table, games room, free gym, break out spaces and a coffee shop.
- A package that reflects your experience and standing within the business to include a contribution pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and further benefits as the role develops.
If you like what you’re reading and think you’d be a good fit for our growing MAKE team, either give us a call or send us your CV. You don’t have to, but a covering letter would be great to have. HR@makegroup.co.uk