Make are recruiting
Posted May 14, 2019
“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity” – Albert Einstein
Sound like the way you work? If so, Make have a fantastic opportunity for you.
Who are we?
We are a creative construction business based in Bristol working across the South West. We undertake several roles including main building contractor, architect and developer, and are looking to expand our team to better facilitate this.
Make was started to create a happy place to work where everyone has an equal voice and a shared vision to deliver buildings we can be proud of. We would like someone who can relate to the above to join us in a project management capacity and contribute to the positive business we have built.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated individual to take on a site management role with our project team and help grow our company. You might be someone considering an apprenticeship, a recent graduate, someone looking for a change of direction, or someone else entirely!
Based on site, you’ll be responsible for the daily management of high-end residential or commercial projects. The right person will be enthusiastic, organised, and have the ambition to grow and develop alongside our business.
The role will include:
- Creating a positive atmosphere on site, supporting Make’s vision and ethos, and encouraging the site team to follow this example.
- Developing professional relationships, and communicating effectively with project clients, designers, subcontractors and tradesmen.
- Managing behaviour effectively and responsibility for promoting good construction practice to ensure a safe working environment, in accordance with Make’s Health and Safety policy.
- Monitoring and recording progress in accordance with Make’s reporting policies.
- Alongside our office team, coordinating material and labour procurement and delivery.
- Management of quality on site, ensuring Make’s exceptional standards are achieved.
We have a philosophy that we believe in, and the above responsibilities are fundamental in order to maintain and develop Make’s reputation and improve our brand awareness.
Experience in the construction industry or construction-specific qualifications are not essential, as long as you can demonstrate you are able to fulfil these duties. In order to do so, the ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Attention to detail
- Sense of humour
- A positive can-do attitude
- Reliability and integrity
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Full UK Driving licence
- A base in the Bristol/ Bath area
The required training for the role can be provided for the right individual, though if you hold a CSCS accreditation, SMSTS certificate and First Aid at Work qualification that would be beneficial.
What we can offer?
Make want to create a place where people want to work, and aim to provide a creative, rewarding and enjoyable environment. With this in mind we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- MacBook and iPhone
- Business travel expenses
- CPD allowance and training
- Make-branded clothing
- A supportive team of colleagues with a shared passion for cake and well-designed buildings that will stand the test of time.
If the above sounds of interest, we would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send us your CV (including a covering letter) and tell us how your experience and qualifications make you the Site Manager Make are looking for.